INSTRUCTIONS ON USING 30 L PET KEG CONTAINERS with a cap and a valve
(hereinafter, the “PET KEG”)
PET KEG is designed for transporting and storing liquid products, such as beer, lemonade, kvass, wine, etc. Initially, the PET KEG is under the pressure of 1-2 bars.
These Instructions must be strictly followed. In case of incompliance with these Instructions, the manufacturer shall not be liable for any consequences of such incorrect handling the PET KEG.
Safety Measures for Pouring, Transporting, Moving, Storing, and Operating a PET KEG:
- Filling an empty PET KEG, as well as transporting, moving, storing, and operating the filled PET KEG must only be in upright position. Handle it with the ultimate care. Avoid falling or abrupt lowering onto hard surfaces. Personal protection equipment, including eyes protection, are mandatory to be in place at all stages!
- Do not take off the PET KEG containing the product from the box, as long as it is under pressure.
- Avoid the PET KEG impacts on or contacts to any sharp objects regardless of whether it is full or empty.
- Avoid the PET KEG contacts to any basic solutions, including “cleaning” or “washing” agents.
- Avoid moving the full PET KEG in any rooms having wet or slick floors.
- The temperature of transporting and storing the product poured into the PET KEG is defined by the manufacturer in compliance with the regulatory documents applicable to a specific product.
- An empty PET KEG under pressure must be transported/stored at the temperature within the range of -25° C through +30° C. Before using an empty PET KEG under pressure, you must keep it at a temperature of at least 18° C for 24 hours.
- It is strictly prohibited to place the PET KEG near heating devices or open fire sources. Warm air from running cooling installations or other devices must be prevented from getting into the PET KEG.
- Prevent the PET KEG from direct sunlight.
- The internal working pressure in the PET KEG may not exceed 3 bars, the recommended working pressure in a PET KEG is 1.5-2.0 bars.
- Connecting the PET KEG to a filling system under the pressure of over 3.0 bars is prohibited.
- The clamping force of filling devices to the PET KEG neck may not exceed 3.0 bars or 100 kg.
- An emptied PET KEG is still under pressure, even upon discharging its contents. Therefore, it is prohibited to pierce, beat, throw, or burn the PET KEG, or perform any other activities that may result in damaging or destroying it.
- PET KEGs are designed for being used with the Micro Matic filling heads of the type relevant to the fittings, with the rod diameters: External 34 mm (for the A type) and internal 24 mm. Using other heads may lead to damaging the fitting, i. e., valve cap.
- Moving or rotating the connected PET KEG holding it by its filling head handle is prohibited.
- It is not recommended to repeatedly put the filling head on/off the PET KEG valve-equipped cap, since this may lead to damaging the cap.
- It is prohibited to unscrew the valve-equipped cap from the PET KEG, until the pressure in the PET KEG is completely relieved.
- When filling a PET KEG using adapters, avoid quick falls, jerks, or impacts on the PET KEG or its neck. Using personal protection equipment, including eyes protection, is mandatory.
- PET KEGs are designed for single-use only, and the manufacturer shall not be liable for any issues occurring in their secondary use.
- For the filled PET KEGs, the four-tier vertical storage is allowed in warehouse conditions. However, they may only be transported in vertical position with at most two tiers.